svētdiena, 2010. gada 20. jūnijs

Gundam Wing : animated Universal Century fanfiction part two : a textwall about the characters

Eugh... I just noticed how tight everyone's pants are

Problem 2 : The characters

So the next problem would be the characters. For some reason they chose with 5 main characters of supposedly equal importance. Altough G Gundam also had a team of main characters, they never tried to distribute the attention payed to Domon equally amongst all the other characters. Also the rest of the Shuffle Alliance had clear goals and did serve some purpose, even if it was kind of simple compared to the tangled web of Wing. Wing has too many main characters that they try to put equal attention to, even when the plot has nothing for them to do.

Another problem would be that the characters are yaoi fiction stereotypes. You have the emotionless guy, the prankster, the mysterious silent one, the sumbissive one and the douchebag. Now before this one Universal Century Gundams were a man's series that dealt with things like the horrors of war through the eyes of a teenage soldier. G Gundam was also a man's series about a heroic manlyman doing heroic things on a quest that takes him from the slums of earth to space. So what I'm saying is that Gundam before this was uninteresting to women, and they wanted to change that with Wing.

Now the main problem with previous Gundams for women would be the characters. Amuro Ray was an arrogant, whiny nerd who was also a coward outside of his precious Gundam. Kamille Bidan was also whiny but also crazy at some points, seeing as how the first thing he did when he got in to a mobile suit was threathen a Feddie officer in a powertripping kind of way. Judau Ashta was... a jockish asshole? I think. Domon was also kind of a dick and had fits of testosterone rage from time to time and was manly in a way that girls don't find attractive? I suppose?

The characters of Wing are fanfiction stereotypes that girls like instead of dicks that were actually interesting characters. So let us dive in and talk about the characters specificly. I'm going to go in reverse order when it comes to the pilots.

The unlogical holy emperor of douchebags : Wufei Chang
This guy just baffles me. I don't understand why was he included in this series, what purpose he serves and what logic does he base his actions on, other than the fact that 4 isn't as cool as 5 pilots, even though with the Gundams they ran out of ideas after the 3rd one and they should have taken a hint.

Wufei makes no fucking sense to me. Okay so he rates everything he sees by strenght, but not in an understandable way like say Zaraki Kenpachi. To him, everything is too weak, including himself, his comrades and his enemies. Sure it doesn't sound hard to understand when I write the gist of it, but if you actually listen to this douche talk it makes no sense. I don't think even the writers knew what he was trying to say. He's certainly not following The Art Of War.

But because of the fact that he made no sense to me, I started enjoying the scenes he was in. Not since I liked him, but since he was the only character who's actions I couldn't predict.

So his only subplot in the series is that he has sort of like a rivlary with Treize. But this rivlary made no sense to me and I'm sure this rivlary was only tacked on so that he has some reason to be in the show, not since he was the best character to have a such an epic rivlary with Treize.
I laughed so hard when I watched his first encounter with Treize. He could have destroyed Treize with his stupid Gundam in one shot, but instead he decides to climb out and fight him with a machete. Wufei fights against Treize and then the fight ends abruptly because supposedly Treize checkmated him. Instead of getting angry at Treize for taking pity at him and fighting even harder, he runs back to his robot and starts crying like a little girl and flies away. And the way Treize ''beat'' him was just like a parent taking down his misbehaving child. I suppose they had Wufei cry since girls would find this sexy or something, but to me it just made him look like a bitch.

Then Treize and Wufei have one final fight and then I'm not completely sure what happened. So Wufei wanted to defeat him in a fair fight or something. Then Treize lets Wufei kill him. Then Wufei cries. The reason the Gundam Wiki gives me says ''since he finally beat the enemy he fought so hard for months''. But this is what I think happened. Treize trolled him and robbed him of his victory in a way that it could never be gotten, and since Wufei is a 8 year old girl on the inside, he coped with the situation in the only way he could. Cry.

Over the course of the series up to Endless Waltz I still never understood who's side he's really on and what is he trying to do. Something about justice? A character who follows the rules of power and justice does not work this way, so the only reasonable explenation I can think of is that the script was written by a woman or a fag.

Speaking of fags and women, Wufei is also the prettiest when cosplayed by a girl out of the 5 pilots.

Quadruple Pussy : Quatre Winner

Alright so from the minute I layed my eyes upon Quatre I knew exactly why they included him in this series. For yaoi slashfics, but since most of the other pilots look like they'll probably be the ones sticking it in they probably needed one to take it up the anus or something. Quatre is the kind of character that is ''a pacifist by nature that hates fighting, but the dire times demand him to fight, even if that's against his principles''. The kind of character that always says ''forgive me'' in a meek voice whenever he kills someone even though there is probably a different way.
But to be fair, he does serve more of a purpose as a character than say, Wufei or Trowa.

Altough he pilots the blandest and most pointless Gundam of them all, he is the only character who has actual resources and subordinates, so he has actual use to the plot outside of murdering grunts.

Then, around the middle point of the series, his dad dies. Then he gets in to the Wing Zero and starts murdering space colonies. What the fuck. Now I do understand that the ZERO system makes you in to like a violent psycho I suppose, but he still talked like a bleeding vagina despite just destroying a colony with that absurd rifle. But then some shit happned and then he returned to normal. Okay. But while he did whine about his gay lover Trowa, but didn't say a thing about the space colonies he destroyed.

Also he and Trowa are responsible for the gayest fucking scene possible without it involving direct genital contact.

I rest my case

Gay Clown : Trowa Barton
Trowa is Heero Yuy without the plot armor that made Heero Yuy so invincible. Trowa is an emotionless git with a Robert Smith fringe who is also a clown. I think with him they added him to the show only since they had the Heavyarms design and they needed someone to pilot it, but since I fucking love the Heavyarms, I'm completely fine with it.

I did like, however, that Trowa's past did tie in to the plot of Endless Waltz. Around the halfway point of the series he is taken out of the game for 15-ish episodes where he is an amnesiac being taken care by some protective girl. This is fanservice to the fangirls since that is probably what they would do too or something. I don't know.

There's really not a lot I can say about Trowa since he has no personality but doesn't have any other interesting features to his character. I would have wished that he had more screentime, though, if that would mean that I could see Heavyarms fuck shit up more.

A pretty cool guy : Duo Maxwell
Duo made sense, had more emotion than a bar of soap and wasn't a pussy, which makes him the best of the 5 pilots as a character, so there's nothing I can complain about. Except for the fact that the plot has nothing for him to do for like 15 episodes after the mid point.

Sent to the past by John Connor : Heero YuyHeero Yuy is a typical fanfiction protagonist. An emotionless ''badass'' who has a more human side that is never shown, but claimed that there is by other characters. Altough the evidence of abscence isn't the abscense of evidence, in this case it is.

Supposedly he feels bad for his fellow space colony dwellers and wants to see justice and has a kind heart. But this is never shown. The only times when he shows emotions is when he laughs. And when he laughs, it's always when he kills someone.

In the first episode you see him laugh so hard when he kills a Leo piloted by some nameless grunt. This isn't something someone who is kind would do. This is something a psycho would do.

Another thing is that this guy can do unbelievable feats. I've seen him control his brainwaves, bend metal bars, fall from a rooftop of a 5 floor building, only to run away and later mend his broken legs just by pulling them back in to place and survive death from a point blank explosion, and all of this happened in the first 10 episodes.

So Heero was taught by some sort of assassin who taught him this shit, maybe? Not even Ezio Auditore, the ultimate assassin couldn't do any of this shit.

Judging by his lack of understanding for human feelings at all, at first I thought he was a fucking Vulcan, but then after seeing him pull his leg back in to place, I realized what Heero actually is. He's a terminator. That's the only reasonable explenation I can think of for the way he is.

But I don't hate Heero, actually I don't hate any of the main characters. But I think I prefer Heero to Amuro Ray, since atleast Heero doesn't whine all the time like a bitch, nor is he a coward.

Heero actually reminds me of a certain Full Metal Panic! character.
Great scott, they even look the same

Sousuke Sagara and Heero Yuy are both identical in the way that they're both children of the battlefield who act like vulcans. The only difference is that Sagara's emotionless demanor is the source of humor at times while Heero's robotic nature doesn't disturb anyone besides Duo, and as we all have established, Duo is the most level-headed, normal person in the entire series. God knows what it would be like if Heero and Sousuke ever meet. Oh wait I have a good idea what it would be like. MS Paint timez

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru